The wedding officiant of your choice should create a wedding ceremony that’s in line with your religious and personal beliefs. Before you decide, who will perform your wedding ceremony, following some key questions you are wise to ask your wedding officiant.
1. Will you marry us if we are of different faiths?
2. Will you marry us if one or both of us have been divorced?
3. Will you officiate our ceremony if we are not current members of a church?
4. What is your fee and what does it include?
5. Do you require premarital or religious classes? What are those requirements?
6. Would you allow another officiant to take part in the ceremony?
7. Can we personalize our ceremony by writing our own vows or selecting specific readings or music?
8. Can we choose non-religious readings or music?
9. Would you be willing to give a sermon during the ceremony? If so, can we have some input?
10. Should we bring you the marriage license before the wedding date? Will you process the paperwork with the Government?
11. Is the rehearsal part of the fee? Do you offer different packages?
12. Would you like to come to the wedding reception with your spouse? If so, would you be willing to give a blessing or prayer before the meal?
13. Are there any restrictions as to our attire, or our bridal party’s attire?
14. Is flash photography allowed during the ceremony?
15. Will you wear a microphone if the videographer requires one to capture the ceremony?
16. Do you perform same sex, interfaith, civil, religious, non denominational ceremonies, etc.
Ask questions before you decide! Your wedding officiant is one of the most important people participating in your special day! Don’t settle for less. Remember as in most cases in life ……. you get what you pay for!!
Have a Wonder-Filled Wedding!
Rev. Rudy Heezen
Wedding Officiants :: Rev. Rudy :: Wedding Officiant :: Ajax :: Pickering :: Oshawa :: Whitby :: Toronto :: Mississauga :: Brampton :: Markham :: Scarborough :: Clarington :: Port Hope :: Newcastle :: Newmarket :: Vaughan :: GTA :: Durham Region :: Peel Region :: York Region